TEXT: Philippians 2:12-18
“… that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world…” (verse 15)
Jesus Christ is the original light. But if his light is in us because we are saved by grace through faith in him, then that light should shine in and through us so that people may be led out of darkness and to Christ. How?
- WE WORK OUT (NOT FOR) OUR SALVATION (Eph. 2:10; Matt. 5:16; Jas. 2:18).
- WE DEPEND ON GOD (John 15:4-5).
- WE DON’T GRUMBLE; INSTEAD WE GIVE THANKS (Jude 1:16; 1 Thess. 5:18).
- WE CLING TO GOD’S WORD (Ps. 119:105).
Don’t let go of God’s Word. Let its reality be seen in your life by your obedience to it because it’s the light which drives away the world’s darkness. It’s the food that souls need. It’s the standard by which we distinguish right from wrong.
- WE REJOICE WITH AND IN ONE ANOTHER (1 Thess. 2:19-20).
- In what specific way can I let my light shine?
Lord, help me to shine as a light in this world. Help me to contribute my share in driving out this world’s darkness. Amen.