So thankful for the gifts I received this Christmas!
1. Peter Brown’s Augustine of Hippo
2. Diarmaid McCulloch’s Reformation
3. N.T. Wright’s The New Testament for Everyone (18 volumes)
What came to mind as I write this is the verse which says, “To him who has more shall be given!” It seems I’ll have to add to my reading projects list for 2014.
Nos. 1 & 2 were given to me by my sister-in-law and her husband together with a brand new Surface 2!. The N.T. Wright commentaries were given by a former classmate in college who now has 4 master’s degrees as well as a PhD! Thank you so much!
1. Augustine’s THE CITY OF GOD
2. William Manchester’s THE LAST LION (3 volumes)
3. THE PHILOKALIA (4 volumes)